4.17.2007

No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism.
Winston Churchill














View of the interior of the Studio at Chartwell. The studio was created in the 1930s and became a favourite refuge for Churchill during those years. Many of his own paintings are hung here.


















Churchill’s desk in the Study at Chartwell. It is covered with items including a bronze cast of his mother’s hand, family photographs and two porcelain busts of Napoleon and Nelson.

Text and explanations from the website for Chartwell, the former home of Churchill in Kent, now run by The National Trust.


1 comment:

Madison Moore said...

Hi there,
Love your blog. Churchill was a relative of my family.
He was at my grandparents wedding. I am a professional artist and I am looking for photos of his studio for a composition that I want to paint about him.
I love the photo you have of his studio but it is very small. I was wondering if you would be so kind to email me a larger photo and give me your permission to use it for this composition. Our family would very much appreciate it. I would be happy to send you a print
when completed.
email@kmadisonmoore.com
Thanks so much,
Madison
www.kmadisonmooreartistportfolio.com